Are you looking for Logitech g502 hero & lightspeed mouse software download for Windows 10? Are you looking for which software can make all mouse button programmable? Then your query is going to end from today onwards. Because, today I will give you complete information about the software download, installation, and how you can add commands to its programmable buttons.
Through its software, other than programmable button customization, you are allowed to customize other settings also such as RGB Lighting, DPI sensitivity level, edit profile, and much more.
The G502 hero has onboard memory, its advantage is that whatever setting you set with software, that setting does not change if you use the mouse in another computer, without software. So, you must have known how important software installation is. Then come and learn how you can download and Logitech gaming software for G502, the installation process, and changing settings.
What is Logitech G502 mouse software?
You probably know that if you did not find the driver CD in the box of the mouse, then you will have to download the software. You might know that Logitech gaming software and G HUB are compatible with the G502 hero gaming mouse and both this software are the products of Logitech company.
With the help of both software, customization can be done very easily. Moreover, you can change logo color with effects from color-wheel through software.
You might be wondering should I install both this software on my computer. But let me tell you that G HUB software is used more to customize the Logitech G502 hero gaming mouse. The G HUB software is used more because you can add a profile by adding the game.
The Logitech gaming software is also not less G hub because this software is able to do many advanced settings which are not available in G HUB.
How to download Logitech gaming software?
As I already told you that with the help of Logitech gaming software you will be able to access many advanced settings. So first we will learn to download Logitech gaming software, after that how do we download G HUB software to go through it as well. First of all, I want to tell you that you should always download the software of G502 from the official Logitech website so that you do not download and install any outdated and corrupt software.
- You need to visit https://support.logi.com/.
- Then, you have to choose your device from the list and go to the “Downloads” section under that.
- In Downloads, you will find “Logitech gaming software”.
- Click on the download button to download the software. After downloading, double-click on the downloaded .exe file, and a “welcome” window will appear.
- Now you will see the installation process. It may take some time; you wait until it completes.
- After this process is complete, you will see a “thank you” page and will ask you to restart the system.
- And after the system is restarted, the G502 hero will appear on the software welcome page.
Software download link
|Filename||Support OS||File link|
|Logitech G Hub software||Windows 10 32/64 Bit Windows 8.1 32/64 Bit Windows 7 32/64 Bit Windows XP 32/64 Bit and mac OS||View link|
|Logitech gaming software||Windows 10 32/64 Bit Windows 8.1 32/64 Bit Windows 7 32/64 Bit Windows XP 32/64 Bit||View link|
How I can Customize: Profile and keystroke
Profile settings: The customization of the G502 gaming mouse starts from the profile settings. Whatever setting you set in the profile will always be saved, if you use this mouse on another computer, then you will not need software, that setting will be saved. So, for this, you have to create a profile first, in this software, you will get to see three profiles.
For example: If you have three people in your house and they have a different choice to play a game, then each individual can create a separate profile for themselves. Whose profile is there, he will select it and will be able to work only from that. Now you have got a little information about what is the importance of a profile.
I work alone on my computer, so you might be wondering what the profile settings will be like for this.
For this, you have to select all three profiles simultaneously and you can start customizing settings.
Add keystrokes: You have to click on the mouse image to get into the mouse settings, after this, we come to a bunch of settings. In the upper right-hand corner, we have 3 profiles. As I said before what are these profiles, in my case, I am the only one who is going to use this mouse so, I will tick on all of the profiles. All of these changes take place within these profiles.
Now to edit keystroke, all you have to do is highlight the section. Now, take the mouse arrow over the section you want to edit. You can add any keystroke or command as per your choice.
How Can I update the driver?
Yes, you can update the driver now, it helps that you will never have to face not recognize, disconnection, lagging problem, and your mouse will run in full mode. But you may be wondering how you can update the driver, so let’s know about it in detail. You can update the driver manually and automatically.
Update manually – In the bottom left-hand corner, you will find a question image, take your mouse arrow over that image. Now, just above the question image you will find a menu bar, find “Check for update”. Click on it. If there is an update it will automatically update the software.
Automatic update – Iobit Driver booster PRO is a very powerful tool with the help of which you can keep any driver and software up to date and it helps that you do not see any driver-related issues in your computer.
Can I program Logitech g502 without Logitech gaming software?
The Logitech G502 Proteus core mouse and G502 HERO both are compatible with the Logitech G hub software and Logitech gaming software.
All mouse buttons can be programmed with the Logitech gaming software.
Note: You can’t program mouse buttons without its software.
How to use the Logitech wireless mouse g502 in the gaming software?
As I said, Logitech G hub software is compatible with the Logitech G502 gaming mouse, to get started, all you have to do is
- Install the software and launch.
- Let, the software to detect your G502 mouse.
- Once it detects your mouse, click on the mouse icon.
- The software will automatically detects games profiles that you installed on your PC. But if you don’t have any games installed, you will only see the desktop.
- Select any games profiles that you want to customize.
- In my case, I have Fortnite installed on my PC.
- Now, drag and drop to add commands on mouse buttons.
- That’s it.
How to change Logitech G502 HERO and lightspeed DPI settings
Logitech G502 offers 16000 DPI which is incredibly fast. To set DPI for the G502 hero mouse, check out the steps below.
- Open the ghub software.
- Click on the mouse icon.
- Select games profile or desktop.
- Just below the “assignments” button, you will see DPI settings.
- Set preferred DPI speed. That’s it.
- To revert to default, click on restore default settings.
How to change logo color in the Logitech software g502?
You can easily add logo color through Ghub software
- Open the Ghub
- Click on mouse G502 icon
- Select any game profile
- Click on LIGHSYNC
- Head over to LOGO
- Pick any color
- Click on SYNC LIGHTING ZONES
- That’s it.
How to fix Logitech G502 HERO driver not working in Windows 10
If the Logitech G502 mouse is not working, not recognizing, lagging, then, updating the driver and software might help you to get rid of this problem, there are many driver updater tools out there but, IObit driver booster pro is an amazing software which makes your important driver up to date, make your device error-free. If the G502 mouse driver is outdated, IObit will update.
- Download the IObit driver booster pro.
- Install the software.
- Now, this software lists all the outdated drivers present on your PC.
- Find the driver you want to update, click on update.
- That’s it
Logitech G502 hero Gaming Mouse features
As we have introduced Logitech G502 HERO gaming mouse as a “Reborn Hero” in the world of gaming mice.
So, before proceeding to download Logitech G502 hero software, you must know the features:
- Logitech G502 HERO gaming mouse has been equipped with a 16k gaming sensor with ground-up architecture. The increase in frame rate makes the HERO sensor capable of 400+ IPS through 100 to 16,000 DPI range. This sensor has attained the competition with a high response from users.
- This gaming mouse has 11 programmable buttons that can be customized with your required command settings. You can also create and set up to 5 ready-to-play profiles so that you can access it easily from anywhere using the mouse. Thus, G HUB is used to set commands to the programmable buttons.
- Logitech G502 is featured with tuneable weights. Five parts of 3.6g each are configured in the left, right, front, rear, and center. You can experiment with this configuration and identify the right spot for better performance.
- This mouse also supports the newest LIGHTSYNC technology which can customize the effects and animations of G502 mouse with Logitech G-HUB. You need to choose the color from the spectrum of 16.8 million colors.
- Apart from its performance with technology, it also has some amazing features that are featured and engineered carefully. It has primary buttons designed mechanically, braided USB cable, rubber grips at both sides, and many others.
- Logitech G502 HERO gaming mouse is very cost-effective compared with the same featured mice. It costs nearly 60$ which is quite reasonable for a gamer.
FAQ’s related to Logitech G502 hero gaming mouse
Q1: What software do I download for Logitech g502?
Ans: Logitech gaming software & G hub software both are compatible with the Logitech G502 Hero mouse.
Q2: Why is my Logitech gaming software not detecting my g502?
Ans: Updating the driver might help you get rid of this problem. There are two ways you can update the G502 driver, manually and using the IObit driver booster. To update manually, In windows 10, uninstall the Logitech gaming software > update the driver from the device manager > restart the PC > reinstall the latest one. Another process is, using the IObit driver booster software, it updates all the essential outdated driver and software present on your PC and makes your device error-free.
Q3: Does Logitech g502 work on PS4?
Ans: Yes, Logitech Proteus core G502 mouse works on PS4, most users were commented on Reddit. Click here
Q4: Why does g502 dpi change when exiting Logitech gaming software?
Ans: Use Logitech Ghub software instead of Logitech gaming software, all the profile configuration and DPI settings don’t change every time your reboot you