These are the leading agencies in generating new business in Spain

Scopen has published its annual reports NB SCORE Media and NB SCORE Creatives in Spain, in which he carries out an analysis of the new business obtained by the main creative and media agencies in the country during the past year. The preparation of the study has been possible thanks to the data provided by the agencies themselves to Scopen, as well as data from their own sources and from InfoAdex.

Dentsu leads the acquisition of new business among Spanish media agencies

The Media NB Score highlights that in 2022 the estimated total volume of new business driven by media agencies in Spain reached the 1,942.7 million euros, which represents a 25% growth compared to 2021, the year in which the investment was 1,553.1 million euros.

According to the report, the figure for this edition has been the highest in the last decade and points out that during 2022 “there have been a large number of reassignments that have meant more than 35% of the new business».

In this sense, Dentsu International stands as the leader in the sector of media agencies in Spain in this field, by obtaining the 21.7% of the total new business generated. It is followed in the ranking by IPG (18.9%), the group of independent media agencies (18.8%), Publicis (13%), WPP (9.3%), Omnicom (9.2%) and Havas (9.1%).

In the specific case of dentsu, This group of agencies achieved new business growth of 7.3% compared to the previous year, when it reached 14.4%. To achieve this, the study highlights the reassignments from Vodafone to iProspect and from Mutua Madrileña to Carat, in addition to the assignment of the account of MásMovil Group and all its brands to the DentsuX agency.

Among the new clients obtained by Dentsu, the following stand out:

Carat: AENOR (rewon), AMB (Barcelona Metropolitan Area), Banco Santander, Fútbol Club Barcelona, ​​Generalitat de Catalunya, Getir, Ryanair, etc. Dentsu X (I): Abanca, Adam Foods, Argal, Caixabank, Galp Solar, Grupo MásMóvil, Idilia Foods, La Redoute, McCormick, Perfetti Van Melle. Dentsu X (II): Plenitude, Polestar, Ryobi, Sector Alarm, Upfield.
iProspect: Adevinta, BMW, FNAC, Housell, State Lotteries and Gambling (Quiniela, Euromillions and local lotteries), Vodafone, etc.

Independent creative agencies, leaders in attracting new business

The NB Score Creatives 2022 indicates that the Estimated global investment of new business moved during the past year in creative agencies in Spain was 732.4 million eurosshowing an exponential growth of 23% compared to 2021, when the investment was 595.5 million euros.

The figure in this report is the third highest in the decade, only behind 2013, when investment reached 780 million euros, and 2017, which reached 758 million euros.

The study shows that the group of independent agencies managed to add 40.6% of the new business that was generated in 2022, ranking at the top of the ranking, while international creative agencies share the remaining 59.4%. Among the independent creative agencies, Scopen highlights the assignments of several El Corte Inglés campaigns to the China agency, which is part of LLYC.

Publicis is positioned in second place in the ranking, being the international group with the highest turnover in 2022with a 19.4%. The most important movement of this international group was the reassignment of the Renault account to the Publicis agency.

Third place takes it WPP (14.4%), whose most important movement was the assignment of Telefónica Movistar to the Wunderman Thompson agency. follows him Omnicom (9.7%), thanks to the assignment of Mercedes to BBDO; Havas (6.8%), with the new reassignment of the Reckitt account to the Havas agency; IPG (5.9%), with the reassignment of the MAPFRE account to the McCann agency.

The seventh and last place in the ranking is taken by Dentsu, with 3.2% of new business volume and whose most notable achievement is the full assignment of the Orange account to Comunica+A, which is now Dentsu Creative.

Photo: Depositphotos

Stay informed of the most relevant news on our Telegram channel